Tuesday 26 June 2012

Sewing block?

I seem to have hit a wall in the creation of my gorgeous red Colette Beignet skirt - I cut all the pieces out too big.  I got confused about seam allowances and US sizing.  So it all been a bit messy.  The skirt is a bit lumpy and misshapen - not very inspiring.


Do you ever get to the point where you feel fed up with something you are making?  It's not how you thought it would be? 

Like my attempt to re-fashion an old M & S skirt into a Breakfast at Tiffanys Dress - yes an overly ambitious idea but if you have seen this amazing clip on You Tube - Breakfast at Tiffanys Dress by Zephyr Graham Paris Custom Made  - she just makes it look so easy.  You can see her in action here: 


So I've decided to just post a few unrelated inspiring things to take my mind off my inability to finish the Beignet and the Audrey re-fashion.

One of my best friend's - Lucy Miller's gorgeous knitwear (you can find her at Cockpit Studio - Holborn)



The full moon taken through my generous colleague Thalis's telescope for my daughter's homework - I had to stay up until 2am to get this shot but I think it's an amazing full moon.


Roses and geraniums




This is a wall made from old computer keys at the James Hotel in New York - it's wierdly beautiful and a great example of recycling as art.


Yes I know that none of these relate to sewing but I just needed to take my mind off the things that aren't working.  Any suggestions on how to get going on a project that has hit a wall? ,

No comments: